Thursday, March 18, 2010

Valentine's Day Lemon Yogurt cupcakes with Blueberry Sauce

I made these for breakfast in heart shaped silicone moulds I got from M&S (Yes I know it’s a little too sweet treat for breakfast but common its Valentine's Day...if this doesn't melt your sweetheart I don't know what will?). Recipe adapted from Ina's Lemon Yogurt Cake. 

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour

2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt                                                                                                          
1 cup Greek style yogurt

1 cup sugar (I used Vanilla sugar)

3 large eggs
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
Method: 
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk the yogurt, sugar, the eggs, zest, oil and vanilla in a bowl. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until it's all incorporated. Scoop the batter into waiting muffin tins lined with paper cups (I skipped this as I used silicone moulds).

Allow to cool a bit before serving with any sauce of your choice. I like mine with blueberry http://tinyurl.com/yl7ew3t  or raspberry sauce.
































0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs