Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Green Tea for detox & a plan

I am sure like me,  many of you are struggling with post holiday season dieting. I think every now and then, our body needs some sort of a cleansing plan and most of the diets do recommend to go off coffee. For a true-blue-coffee-snob that I am,  its almost close to impossible, but I still try. So here's my plan:
I start of my day with warm glass of water with a squeeze of honey and lime, then a cup of green tea followed by a banana and some fruits with yogurt. I tend to munch on some raw carrots or make a fresh salad for lunch, try to eat some spinach everyday and a light supper. For those in-between times I have green tea with a couple of raw cashews or almonds. I did post some recipes here  & here using Matcha, which is a fine ground, powdered, high quality green tea

So what is green tea ? Green tea and black tea come from the same plant, but green tea is less processed so more of the original plant substances, such as polyphenols, survive in this herb. Green tea is effective in lowering LDL cholesterol levels and has high levels of anti-oxidents. Studies show that it helps in weight loss. Green tea contains less caffeine than coffee and hence makes it perfect for detox theraphy. You could buy them at the twinings tea shop and know more about benefits of drinking green tea. You can get two free samples from the Twinings website if you've never tried it before or if you just fancy trying something new:http://twinings.co.uk/discover-our-range#free-samples


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs